Toothbrush Techniques-Essential Brushing Tips
Are your brushing and flossing habits protecting your beautiful smile? If you want to enjoy a lifetime of great oral health, an effective and consistent dental care routine is essential. You’ve probably been practicing the same oral hygiene techniques for years. Over time, you may have adopted bad habits or forgotten important steps. If you’re not removing enough plaque when you brush and floss, you may eventually find yourself spending more time in your dentist’s chair. Don’t lose your natural smile because of simple flaws in your dental care routine.
Follow these tooth brushing tips from the American Dental Association to optimize your oral hygiene routine:
- Brush at least twice a day, spending at least two full minutes brushing all surfaces of your teeth.
- Choose an ADA-approved toothpaste and a soft-bristled toothbrush. Your toothbrush should fit comfortably inside your mouth and reach every tooth surface.
- Hold your toothbrush at a 45-degree angle and target the area where your teeth meet your gums. Brush with gentle, short, back-and-forth strokes.
- Rinse your toothbrush with water after using and store it upright to air dry.
- Replace your brush every three to four months or when bristles are frayed.
More Dental Care Tips Recommended by Dentists
- Floss daily using approximately 18 inches of dental floss. Slide the floss gently back and forth between your teeth and curve it against one tooth as it reaches the gum line.
- To improve your dental care even more, add an antimicrobial mouth rinse to your routine or invest in an oral irrigation tool.
Early detection of dental problems can prevent gum disease and tooth loss. See an affordable dentist immediately if you notice symptoms like red, tender, or bleeding gums, loose teeth, tooth sensitivity, or persistent bad breath.
To learn about our family dentistry practice in Bradenton, call Advanced Dental Care of Bradenton today at (941) 357-1292 or make an appointment.
Advanced Dental Care offers affordable family dentistry and gentle, compassionate dental care in Bradenton. With 21 affiliated practices throughout Florida, our offices are conveniently located with extended hours to meet your needs. At Advanced Dental Care of Bradenton, we provide most dental services, from basic preventative care and general dentistry to specialized procedures and complete dental reconstruction. We accept most dental insurance plans and offer affordable financial solutions for any budget. Patient satisfaction is our top priority and we strive to provide the exceptional, affordable dental care and personal touch that lead to lasting relationships. A smiling patient is our greatest reward and we look forward to keeping those smiles healthy, beautiful, and bright. Discover an affordable dentist who truly cares at Advanced Dental Care of Bradenton.