Tasteful Tips for Eating with Dentures
Once you get dentures, you can once again enjoy all of the foods that had become too challenging to chew. Yet before you sink your new teeth into thick steaks or gooey desserts, you should realize that eating might not be that easy at first. But with a few quick tricks and smart techniques, you can savor the flavor of all of your favorites.
When you first get your dentures, chewing and biting may feel different and the flavors of foods may seem strange. You may also fear that your dentures will shift or slip when you’re eating. But all of these feelings are natural and normal as you get used to your brand new teeth. All you need is some practice and patience and you’ll soon be eating everything.
To help you get comfortable with eating when you first get your new dentures, chew over these handy dental care hints:
- Start with softer foods and then slowly add in crispier, chewier, and crunchier choices as you get comfortable.
- Cut foods into smaller pieces and take little bites as you adapt to your new teeth.
- Chew foods very slowly and try chewing foods on both sides of your mouth to even out the pressure on dentures.
- Be very careful with hot foods and drinks. Many people have trouble telling the temperature of foods at first, so taste them very slowly to avoid burning your mouth.
- If you plan to have any foods with a firmer or stickier texture, you may want to use a dental adhesive to help feel more secure and reduce the risk of dental care problems.
Be assured that eating will get easier once you’re used to your dentures. If dining is still difficult after a couple of weeks, talk to an affordable dentist in Bradenton for advice on enjoying eating again.
To learn more about affordable quality dentures from a dentist in Bradenton, call Advanced Dental Care of Bradenton today at (941) 357-1292 or make an appointment.
Advanced Dental Care offers affordable family dentistry and gentle, compassionate dental care in Bradenton. With 21 affiliated practices throughout Florida, our offices are conveniently located with extended hours to meet your needs. At Advanced Dental Care of Bradenton, we provide most dental services, from basic preventative care and general dentistry to specialized procedures and complete dental reconstruction. We accept most dental insurance plans and offer affordable financial solutions for any budget. Patient satisfaction is our top priority and we strive to provide the exceptional, affordable dental care and personal touch that lead to lasting relationships. A smiling patient is our greatest reward and we look forward to keeping those smiles healthy, beautiful, and bright. Discover an affordable dentist who truly cares at Advanced Dental Care of Bradenton.